janvier 25, 2007

And The Winner Is...

For Miss Trivandrum 2007....

Our very own Bijuli model: Ragitha!

Yes, guys, you've read correctly. Our lovely, young lady who, nothing more than being a brilliant student, a helper in her family, a modest human being and a beautiful figure in pictures, has won the covated prize of Miss Trivandrum 2007.

And she is going for Miss Kerala!

Marie and I are very attached to this young lady. We care for her, I suppose like mentors or big sisters.

She doesn't have a bad life. I mean she is not poor, she wears cool, western clothes, she has her mobile phone next to her always, she eats every day and has a roof over her head. But, she hasn't seen her father who has been working in the Gulf for a very long time, her mother tries to keep a disciplined and kind figure. Ragitha also wakes up at 6 every morning to go to Airhostessing class in the hopes of earning a good job to bring home money for her family. She goes to university at 9 until 3pm and studies late to be an honour student.

Her dream is to go to the Journalism university here in Trivandrum. It costs money that she doesn't have so she wants to fly the international skies quickly. The clouds speak to her of a worriless world.

She keeps in touch, keeping us in her life even though we have finished the first photo shoot for the time being. That is how Marie and I know how she is doing, how her family is and what excellent grades she has been getting.

I wish never to let her out of our sight. To follow her in her growth as a strong and vibrant woman.

I wish, when Marie and I can, help her in making her dream come true...

Now excuse me for a minute while I brag:

Nee ner, nee ner, nee ner, nee ner, nee ner...et toc!