juillet 05, 2005

Strike Three!

Speaks for itself.....

Third strike in a month. All is quiet today : no shops open, no rickshaws or buses running, even no rain.

All is quiet today : Marie is agonizing in front of a non-existent internet connection or of the non-existent computer screen for that matter.

I stumble out of my bedroom, trying to find my way out of my usual morning fogs.

We have a small gift to give for the boys today as Marie and I wanted to share with them the celebration of our first month here as well as thank them for all their help.

They are waiting for us downstairs.

Marie is extremely concentrated on the tecky problem; I'll have the give the present.

You have no idea....Imagine me barely half awake, facing to young men expecting something. Sigh....I hand them their gift with a sleepy smile and tell them that it is a small token of our celebration and thanks. I also believe to have muttered an excuse for Marie's absence in this common gesture.

They smile back sweetly, thank us and leave.

I feel like an absolute dud; Madam returns to the sleepy eyed child that she is when she is not awake in the mornings...

The rest of the day dozes on.